Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Comics, Novels, and Queries, Oh My!

Hello friends, readers, and internet hackers! I realize that it has been a while since I have posted any material on my dear blog, and I apologize for the lack of activity. At current, I am engaged in several different personal projects, so I figured that the least I could do was present you with a few updates:


Item #1 - Icarus: Creatures of Darkness


I don't know if any of you remember this, but when I'm not writing or watching Doctor Who, I am penning and illustrating my comic, Icarus. As of recently, I have finished my first full series, Icarus: Creatures of Darkness. Complete at 50 pages, I plan to release a physical edition of the graphic novel some time by the end of the summer. Nothing major, simply something for friends and family to flip through if you'd like. It has been very much a learning experience for me, so I'll warn you ahead of time, the artwork towards the end is much better than the artwork at the beginning. Like I said, this is my hobby hobby, so I'll just move on and keep improving. The next series, Icarus: Scar Tissue, is already in the planning stages. In the meantime, you can read the series online for free here. I present to you now the cover of Creatures of Darkness for your entertainment:




Item #2 - My Latest Novel


First of all, when I say "latest novel," I want to make it clear that I do not intend to self-publish this project. I intend to pursue traditional publishing, and am currently seeking an agent for representation. While I feel that I have learned several things from self-publishing, and that I have greatly improved my writing techniques since Corona, I also understand now that self-publishing is a double-edged sword.

While I do not feel comfortable disclosing too much information regarding my latest project online, I can tell you that it is entitled NOVA, and is an "introspective science fiction thriller." It combines several elements from a plethora of previous unpublished projects of mine, and it involves dead people, demons, and dark magic. In space. Yeah, that's right.



Item #3 - Query Letters


Yeah, I don't think that much needs to be said about this final item. Any of you who have written a query letter before, you know what I mean. Let us now share a moment of silence for the many hours of frustration spent querying agents in the dead of night. ^__^



Well, that's all for now folks. Stay awesome, keep reading and writing, and don't give up on your dreams. If you haven't already, you can follow me on Twitter here, and you can watch me on deviantART here.




Best wishes,

Hannah




No comments: